Monday 24 March 2014

Week 32: Of Coffee and AFF

#proud of myself. You guys wanna know why? BAM I'M ON AFF! AND AO3!
And I've also uploaded 'Of Coffee Addicts and Tea', which is an angsty XiuLay oneshot that I spent two days on. (for once)

It's pretty short cos I rushed it, since my break was coming to an end and the next day was a school day, but even though you can feel my anxiousness in the fic, I think the characterisation was what mattered most.

I put in a lot of subtle things to make my characters more alive, be it real life things that they love, or AU stuff I came up with. I'm really happy that I achieved what I wanted to do by the end of the fic. Not overly sappy and not too much of a 'bad-end' for Xiumin either.

I really loved the smiley face mug that I mentioned in the first chapter and decided to continue making sure that stubborn Xiumin is stubbornly insisting on using that mug throughout the fic. Also, I have a little backstory behind the mug that I'll probably post soon (hopefully in another college!AU for XiuLay).

Luhan and his damn football in the fic ugh. He's so adorable throughout the fic with his whiny-ness (much like me irl haha) save for the part where he insulted Xiumin. Friendly reminder to you guys to never even jokingly say that kind of stuff to people, even if they are your enemies. There are better ways to say these kind of things, especially if you don't phrase your words properly. I felt really hurt when someone told me those stuff again and again, as though they wanted to keep reminding me that my crush (and myself) were both stupid and useless. Anyways, just never say that. Ever.

I really liked how I made Lay sort of magical and all-knowing in the fic, and so calm and sweet. I swear to god I need a Lay in my life (I have someone who's a bit like that, except she's more perverted ≧◔◡◔≦). 

A few examples of this is how I made Lay just magically somehow guess which one was Xiumin's coffee mug (ugh the backstory is going to explode out of me soon), and Lay knowing that Xiumin liked Luhan, and when Xiumin would come back to the dorm and discover the green tea.

Also, I made a few hints of how different yet alike Lay and Luhan are, you'll probably only notice them if you squint OTL...
-Luhan insists on calling Xiumin's cappuccino as coffee, and Lay insists on calling 'just latte' as 'chai green tea latte' (wow so lengthy).
-Luhan says 'Love you!' when he hugs Xiumin in the fic, but Lay is the one who actually writes down the actual sentence 'I love you.' on the post-it note.
-Luhan loves 'coffee' that Xiumin brews, while Lay still overall prefers more sweetened drinks but still brews cappuccino for Xiumin at the end of the fic anyway.

Yeah, that's it. Those were pretty much the main points of characterisation in the fic. Also the backstory for the smiley face mug is quite short and idk if I can stretch it out for another XiuLay oneshot set in that same AU. Or maybe I'll just upload the backstory here, who knows?

Take care,
-AdoruZiall xoxo

PS. Ugh scheduled this post because I feel like I'll fall sick next week and not get the chance to update the blog weekly. Sighpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment